Station Tours & Fire Truck Visits
West Metro Fire Rescue District invites you to tour our fire stations. Playgroups, school groups, scouts and community groups are welcome to schedule a visit to any of the 17 fire stations within the District.
- Please be advised that you will need to schedule your tour a minimum of four weeks in advance and should be prepared with an alternative tour date at the time of your request.
- Please plan on having at least one adult for every 5 children/minors at the tour (maximum of 25 children per tour).
- West Metro Fire Rescue District cannot accommodate birthday parties at the fire stations, but groups are invited to schedule a tour as a part of their special day. The Denver Firefighters Museum is a great place for birthday parties.
- SCOUT GROUPS - we are happy to schedule a tour for your group to assist in completion of badge requirements. Please keep in mind however, that we are here to assist and cannot teach the badge requirements for the scout leader.
- Please remember, emergency calls take priority.
Fire Truck Visits:
West Metro Fire Rescue schedules fire truck visits to schools, senior centers and community safety events.
- Our fire truck visits are scheduled for one hour, “in service”, and in conjunction with our department training calendar.
- We cannot guarantee availability for all events.
- Requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis and require a minimum of 4 weeks advance notice.
- The requestor is responsible for designating a parking area for the fire truck, where it is unobstructed and can leave quickly in case a call comes in.
West Metro Fire Rescue does not schedule fire truck visits for private events or parties, birthday parties or political events.