Knox Box Installation
If you are required to install a Knox Box, download the
West Metro Fire not accept faxed applications. Do not send the application directly to the Knox Company without our signature, as this will delay the process. Be sure to include shipping and handling charges (see Section 4 of the Knox Authorization Order Form). . Fill out all the required information on the form and bring it to: West Metro Fire Protection District, 433 S. Allison Parkway, Lakewood, CO 80226 to have your form reviewed and signed by WMFR. You can then send the form in with your payment. (The prices are inside the Knox Authorization Order Form)
** Please note:
- Series 3200 holds 10 keys or less
- Series 4400 holds up to 50 keys
- Unless otherwise approved all boxes shall be of the recess mount type
- Residential boxes will not be allowed on commercial buildings.
Once you receive the box you should:
• Install it no farther than 10 feet from the front door
• No higher than 6 feet off the ground
And it must be plainly visible.
If you are not sure where to install the box, or have any questions concerning requirements, please contact the West Metro Fire Life Safety Division at 303-989-4307 x 529.
After the box has been installed, contact West Metro Fire's Dispatch Office at 303-969-0245 and tell them you are ready to put your keys in the Knox Box. They will send out West Metro Firefighters to close up the box.